Rimi Nayak India is a womenswear label which is defined by sensuous drapes, signature prints, and unconventional surface techniques along with classic cuts. Over the years the designer has maintained a vivid ingenious essence in her creations which is highlighted by incognito draping styles, along with a generous use of traditional craft techniques infused with innovative surface texturing. The label’s soul is in its richness, beauty and sensuality, dedicated as an ode to the global woman of today.
She has been working to revive the Bengali letter form through explorations in Bengali typography. “We use typeface daily, yet we seldom appreciate the form of a letter.” Through her typeface inspired collections, the designer attempts to liberate the typeface from the confines of the page and give the words and alphabets the freedom to express its content in a new dimension. This work is also a humble tribute to the Bengali Language and an attempt to infuse interest in times of its declining popularity.
The label Rimi Nayak India retails in Indian cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad and Chandigarh along with an international presence in countries like U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, UAE, Singapore, Australia and Sri Lanka.
• Vancouver Fashion Week (Canada) – 2011 – The first indian designer to be invited and participate in the event representing the country.
• Khadi Festival (Bangladesh) – 2015 – One of the six participating Indian designer representing the Indian textile in the event.
• Participated and travelled to various parts of Italy for an Indo-Italian Trade Meet as a part of a delegation team from Kolkata selected by The Bengal Chamber of Commerce – 2016
• Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America Fund Raising Fashion Show (U.S.A.) – 2017 and 2018 – Travelled to various parts USA and did fund raising trunk shows for the Woman of the Year contestant, who eventually won the award as she raised the highest amount of funds for the event.
• Participated at the Collection Première Moscow(CPM), Russia as a part of the Indian Pavallion Designer – 2017
• India Fashion Week Australia (in Melbourne) – 2019 – One of the three participating Indian designer representing the Indian fashion in the event.
Participated In Fashion Shows (India)
• Debut as Gen Next Designer at Lakme Fashion Week – 2008
• Emerging designer at Lakme Fashion Week – 2009
• Established Designer at Lakme Fashion Week –
• Established Designer at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (Only Stall) – 2013
Brand Associations / Collaborations
• On the National Handloom Day in 2017, Rimi Nayak signed a MoU with the Ministry of Textiles and was handed over the Orissa cluster where she trained the traditional textile artisans to develop new age fabrics
• Collaborated with Aditya Birla Group’s latest invention in fabrics – LIVA. She explored the fabrics in unconventional way and created an exclusive range in association with the Liva Brand.
• Collaborated with the brand Okhai (a TATA Group CSR Project) where Rimi Nayak personally visited the town Mithapur in Gujrat and worked with the local Rabari Tribe women and designed a range for the Okhai brand in 2019.
• Rimi Nayak is also associated with the National Institute of Fashion Technology as a guest faculty and a jury member where she imparts knowledge to the young talents and groom them for future.